The School of Education & Human Development offers unique and customized dual enrollment pathways into teaching for high school students. Students can take from one to eight education courses located in the district. Those courses then transfer into the teaching pathways at CU Denver. We work with school districts to customize pathways and courses based on local needs.
- Provide educational coursework with a strong focus on diversity and inclusion
- Place high school students in field experiences allowing early opportunities to work with children
- Equip high school teachers who teach the courses with professional development and support from CU Denver faculty throughout the course
- Build a bridge from high school to the university to support students’ college-going journey
- Include campus visits for high school students as well as CU Denver visits to high schools