Financial Aid

To apply for financial aid at the University of Colorado Denver, please complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).

The school code is 004508. Students must complete the FAFSA to be considered for federal financial aid (federally funded student loans, grants and work-study). For more information check out the Financial Aid & Scholarship Office Website.

Financial aid is awarded on a first-come first-served basis, we recommend that you submit your application early.


The School of Education and Human Development prides itself on its diverse community, and strives to foster an environment of inclusion. For more information on funding available for ASSET/DACA students, please visit the Student Finances website. In addition, ASSET/DACA students are encouraged to apply for our scholarships.

Teach Grant

TEACH Grant can help you pay for college if you plan to become a teacher in a high-need field in a low-income area. The Teacher Education Assistance for College and Higher Education (TEACH Grant Program) offers assistance up to $4000 per school year! You’ll be required to teach for a certain length of time, so make sure you understand your obligation. Your teaching service must be in a high-need field as designated nationwide or in Colorado.

Examples of high-need fields:


Bilingual education or English language acquisition (CLDE in the SEHD)

Foreign LanguageEarly Childhood Special Education
MathematicsForeign Languages (Kindergarten - Grade 12)
Reading Specialist (Literacy in the SEHD)Mathematics (Grades 7 - 12)
ScienceNatural Sciences (Kindergarten - Grade 12)
Special EducationSpecial Education

Loan Forgiveness

Teacher Loan Forgiveness Program

Under the Teacher Loan Forgiveness Program, if you teach full-time for five complete and consecutive academic years in a low-income school or educational service agency, and meet other qualifications, you may be eligible for forgiveness of up to $17,500 on your direct subsidized and unsubsidized Loans and your subsidized and unsubsidized Federal Stafford Loans.

Public Service Loan Forgiveness

If you are employed by a government or not-for-profit organization, you may be able to receive loan forgiveness under the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program​.