If you have received approval from faculty to complete a master's thesis in lieu of COMPS or a culminating experience, please follow the steps below:
- Ensure you have registered for thesis credits as required by your degree requirements. Students must be registered for at least one class at the time they defend their thesis. Students who have completed their coursework requirements, including thesis
credits, should register for CAND 5940 Candidate to Degree. Please contact your academic advisor for guidance on registration.
- Adhere to all deadlines and submit all required forms.
- Follow the "Format Guide for Theses" found under "All Resources" on the Graduate Programs website.
- Two weeks prior to defense, submit the Exam Request form to SEHD and use the student room request form to schedule a room for your defense.
- After successfully defending your thesis, your committee will sign a form.
- Submit your final thesis to ProQuest.
Additional information on the master's thesis is available in the Student Policy Handbook.