Before you can participate in any field experience, practicum, internship, or other placement, you must pass a background check. The Colorado Bureau of Investigation (CBI) and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) have both contracted with a third-party
vendor, IdentoGO®, to take fingerprints. This electronic process is far faster than the old fingerprint card method.
Please follow the steps below to complete the background check requirement:
- Go to the IdentoGO® website. The link automatically matches you to the SEHD so we receive the results of your background check.
- The SEHD CBI account number is CONCJ5699
- Locate an Enrollment Center convenient for you.
- You will be prompted to complete the pre-enrollment process by entering CBI and FBI information required for your specific background check.
- You will be provided with directions to the enrollment center, notification of specific photo ID requirements, and an email confirmation summarizing all the appointment specifics.
- During your 10-minute appointment at the IdentoGO® Enrollment Center, a technician will quickly and accurately complete the process by performing ID verification, fingerprint capture, photo capture, and signature image capture in compliance with
CBI and FBI requirements.
- Payment is collected from the applicant via credit/debit card. Fee is $33.50 for the CBI/FBI check in addition to a $10 vendor fee.
- A system generated receipt provides you with a detail of the transaction as well as a link to check status on the IdentoGO® website.
- Results are completed and delivered to the SEHD. The time from submission until results are complete will likely average less than one day.
- In the rare event that your prints are rejected for print quality (less than 1%), you will automatically be notified via your preferred method of contact (email or phone) with automated links to reschedule an appointment at no charge.
- The SEHD is unable to provide fingerprint results to students.
Out of State Applicants: Schedule your appointment at an IdentoGO enrollment center in your home state.
If you are a DACA student, you will use your USCIS number in place of a SSN. You are advised to contact Undocumented Student Services before submitting your fingerprints.
Information regarding the Denial, Suspension, Revocation, or Annulment of Licenses by the Colorado Department of Education (CDE) can be found under enforcement
details on the CDE website.
Below are the Applicant Privacy Rights and the Privacy Act Statement in both English and Spanish.