Nancy L. Leech, Ph.D. is a professor at the University of Colorado Denver. Dr. Leech is currently teaching master’s and Ph.D. level courses in research, statistics, and measurement. Her area of research is promoting new developments and better understandings in applied qualitative, quantitative, and mixed methodologies. To date, she has published more than 75 articles in refereed journals, and is co-author of three books; SPSS for Basic Statistics: Use and Interpretation, SPSS for Intermediate Statistics: Use and Interpretation, and Research Methods in Applied Settings: An Integrated Approach to Design and Analysis, all published by Taylor and Francis. Dr. Leech has made more than 85 presentations at regional, national, and international conferences.
Areas of Expertise
- Mixed Methods Research
- Use and interpretation of SPSS
- Quantitative Methods
- Qualitative Methods
Education, Licensure & Certifications
- Ph.D. in Research/Statistics/Counseling Colorado State University
- M.Ed. in Counseling and Career Development Colorado State University
- B.A. in Psychology University of Colorado Boulder
- School Psychology Quarterly Service Award for Outstanding Editorial Board Member 2016 and 2017
- School Psychology Quarterly Service Award for Outstanding Reviewer 2014, 2015
- Southwest Educational Research Association (SERA) Outstanding Paper Award - $180 2011
- Onwuegbuzie, A. J., Frels, R. K., Leech, N. L., & Collins, K. M. T. (February). A mixed research study of approaches used by mixed research instructors. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the Southwest Educational Research Association, San Antonio, TX.
- Mid-South Educational Research Association (MSERA) Outstanding Paper Award - $500 2007 Leech, N. L. & Onwuegbuzie, A. J. (November). Qualitative data analysis: A compendium of techniques for school psychology research and beyond. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the Mid-South Educational Research Association, Hot Springs, AR.
- 2017 - present Associate Editor, International Journal of Multiple Research Approaches
- 2004 - present Member of Editorial Board and Reviewer, Research in the Schools
- 2016 - 2019 Associate Editor, School Psychology Quarterly
- 2012 - 2019 Member of Editorial Board and Reviewer, Oxford Bibliographies in Education